Sunday, May 13, 2012

Fifty Shades Review

I've finished Fifty Shades. Here's my review!

When I first heard of Fifty Shades of Grey, I was absolutely sure that it was going to be Fifty Shades of Boring. However, I have been humbled and impressed beyond all that is sensible.

Ana Steele is charming, funny, and brave. I truly enjoyed and appreciated her inner dialogue and musings. One of my favourite laugh out loud moments was: "Don't pee? How rude!" I can't tell you why it made me giggle, but it did and still does. Ana's Inner Goddess and Subconscious are perfect examples of how we internally operate, and Mrs. James' creativity and playfulness with the two are highly impressive and warming.

Christian Grey. Oh my. The question of whether or not he is the type of man women secretly want is easily answered: Yes, of course! And guess what? It's really not a secret! All things Christian, even when he was at his worse behaviour, was hot and sexy. His story of his past is heart breaking, but watching him morph into the man he became by the end of the trilogy kept me spell bounded and I only grew to love the character more. To keep this G-rated, I'll end my conversation regarding the smouldering Christian Grey. Yum.

The Fifty Shades trilogy was well executed and beyond entertaining. Several times I found myself relating to the characters on an emotional level, despite many obvious differences between us (Christian's endless bank accounts, Ana's beauty). The relationship between Miss Steele and her Fifty Shades megalomaniac was startlingly enchanting, mind blowing even. I have never loved a fictional couple more! Much to often I spoke aloud to the characters, as if they could hear me. I knew I would be sad when it ended, but I sincerely hope Mrs. James will again honour us with even a smidgen more of Christian and Ana.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment